Rolleiflex -- top off

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by dxphoto, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dxphoto

dxphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, that was the other day I took my rolleiflex 3.5 to the snow storm. A pretty big storm --- that the focus screen were covered by the snow. Eventually they melt in the subway.

How to clean this... I ended up taking the top off, clean the screen both sides. Also I cleaned the lens for the moisture due to the warm room. I am even thinking of taking the whole thing apart... Is there a service manual I can find on the web?

Thanks.

2. dxphoto

dxphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Shoot, accidentally post twice. Moderator, can you please delete the previous one. Thanks. Sorry for the problem.

3. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here is the service manual ... but I would look at it very carefully before taking a TLR apart. These things are complicated little buggers - especially a Rolleiflex. Of course you may have far more skill and confidence than I possess, but I would simply take the top off, open the back and placing the intact camera in a dry place for a few days, turning it over occasionally to prevent puddling inside. Even if it got really wet, which you don't indicate is the case, this may solve your problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  4. markbb

markbb Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I agree. Take the top off and leave to dry naturally. You could try pushing some lint-free paper in to absorb the moisture, remove & replace when damp.