Rolleinar #1 Bay 1 for 3.5 Tessar

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Marco S., Apr 3, 2007.

1. Marco S.

Marco S. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just received the Rolleinar 1 set which fits my Rolleiflex Automat MX with a 3.5 Opton Tessar. I noticed that there are three lenses; the prism with the red dot, and 2 identical Rolleinar #1 close-up lenses. Is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2007
  2. Chaska

Chaska Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    yep, a close up goes on each lens and then the prism with the dot towards the top on the viewing lens to correct for parallax. later versions integrated the viewing pieces into one item.

3. Marco S.

Marco S. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great, thanks. :smile: I also noticed that the lenses were uncoated. I wonder why. Are close-up filters usually like this?

4. jon koss

jon koss Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Is everything marked "Rolleinar" or rather "Rolleiparkeil" or "Rolleipar"?

5. Marco S.

Marco S. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The prism is marked Rolleiparkei 1-28.5 and the other two Rolleinar 1 - 28.5

6. jon koss

jon koss Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm getting a bit rusty on Rollei TLR but they are probably prewar, hence the lack of integration of the prism with the close-up lens for the viewing pair.

J

7. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yashica compatibility?

I have a Yashica A, passed on from my wifes grandfather. I don't view it as much of a great picture taking camera, so I keep it on a shelf as a display piece to explain film cameras to my kids friends when they come over. My kids are 4 and 7, and a lot of their peers have never seen anything but a digithing.

The Yashica is in mint shape, but with a sorry lens and shutter from the start the the manufacturer.

There is however, as a part of this set, a +1 Yashica close up pair, with the prism integrated in the viewing lens. 32mm diameter, if I recall correctly, and they slip over the lens, rather than screwing on. Are these compatible with Rollei gear?

8. JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    No. Other Yashicas use Bayonet I, though.