RZ67 shutter issue?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by J Rollinger, Aug 14, 2010.

1. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On the last few rolls the shutter doesn't fire 1/3 of the time. Sometimes i have to press the release several times or move the M-R lever a few times then it will fire. This slowly started happening the last 4 rolls. Has anyone had this issue with their RZ67 before? Any quick fix?

Thanks
    Jim

2. Lars Daniel

Lars Daniel Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don´t know this problem, but the first thing I would do is to make sure that it is not the battery.

3. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Lars. I hope that I'm not that much of an idiot... I was under the impression that The RZ67 had a visible low battery warning on the glass, I'll pick one up tomorrow. Thanks..

4. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think i might have found the issue but wont know until i go shooting tomorrow. I read the manual (HA HA) and found out how to test the battery and it is fine. One thing i noticed is the shutter lock knob on the front lower left was in the middle between the white and orange dot when it should be on the white dot. I turned the shutter lock back to the white dot and dry fired the shutter about 30 times and it fired every time . I hope thats all the issue was.

Jim

5. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That sounds like what it could be.

With the L-grip, mine has sometimes intermittent connection on the little 4-pin connector that connects the grip to the camera, sometimes if that is loose the grip button won't fire the shutter. That connector is really pretty poorly designed.