Saunders LPL 670 DXL Enlarger

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by milanomike, Feb 21, 2010.

1. milanomike

milanomike Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Guys,

New to forum here, setting up a DR from my daughter and have a bead on a set up with a Saunders enlarger. Admittedly my experience goes back 30 years to my Dad's old darkroom, so I'm familiar with Beseler and Omega. Is this Saunders unit OK, I found they are out of business, but not much else. It's got a color head, but we'll only do B&W, but I can use the color head for the PC filters, correct? Opinions/thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

2. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    SAUNDERS enlarger are supported , but all of a sudden i don't remember the url, but i will get back to you with that infomration.

we have 8 of the larger enlargers at the school and they are terrific and well built so i can't image that the series your checking out isn't along the same lines.

you can use the color head for black and white, just check the recommendations on the paper for a beginning number to represent the paper grade.

3. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
  4. milanomike

milanomike Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks everyone, great info.

Mike

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good enlarger. Check out the "darkroom portraits" thread if you have not already.

6. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great enlarger - I have a LPL7700 colour head and love it. Best $700 I have ever spent!

7. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    fantastic enlarger...I have the variable contrast version. I also have a Leitz enlarger for 35mm and it compares nicely with it. One of my favorite features is the available glass carrier. Go for it!