Scales

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Jarvman, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Jarvman

Jarvman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can anyone suggest some accurate and reasonably priced weighing scales. There's a lot to choose from out there and it'd be nice to see what people use here. Ta!

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've been using a Toyo 250 from www.balances.com in the darkroom for a few years now, and I've been happy with it. It's a digital pocket scale with a capacity of 250g and reads to 0.1 g, which is enough for most darkroom uses. If you make your own fixer regularly or are mixing larger quantities of developer, you may want a second scale with a capacity of around 3 Kg.

Avoid really cheap scales, because they can be non-linear. Make sure your scale can be calibrated, and get a standard calibration weight of the appropriate size for the scale, if it doesn't come with one.

3. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got mine from American Science & Surplus (www.sciplus.com). Be careful of browsing their site - you can quickly become addicted to all the cool toys they have for sale at ridiculously low prices.

4. Brickbird

Brickbird Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have a MY WEIGH i201 that goes to 200 grams. Works very well and not expensive...............TW