Schneider 240 f9 G-Claron in Copal 1 Press

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Jan 22, 2011.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    This is the perfect 8X10 wide field lens! I can think of almost nothing that beats it. Maybe the Zeiss f9 wide field Dagor if you could find one, and then only for the value of owning an impressively exotic lens. Think $2800 Zeiss : $415 Schneider

[​IMG]

In spite of Schneider's ultra conservative numbers published for the graphic arts industry 40 years ago, this lens covers 82 degrees and stays sharp right to the bitter edge!

[​IMG]

That means it has a usable image circle of 410 millimeters. Do the math. An 8X10 needs 310 to cover. That leaves you 100mm or 4 inches of movements. 2 inches in any direction. That was more than enough to make the bellows complain loudly on my old Deardorff!

[​IMG]

This is the lens to grab for 8X10 architecture! Landscapes? Only if you want them sharp enough to cut you.

[​IMG]

Shutter has been serviced and is running perfect. There are some skid marks in the shutter paint job. Glass is flawless. Jamb nut is there and this lens is ready to give you the best pictures of your 8X10 life. Price: $415 + shipping

2. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That thing would be a beast on my 5x7! Wish I could swing it right now. Good luck, Jim.

3. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Drool... Drool... Drool... empty wallet... whimper! :sad:

4. Shadowtracker

Shadowtracker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    my thoughts exactly - what they said....