Schneider 47mm f:8 Super-Angulon

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by David A. Goldfarb, Mar 28, 2010.

1. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Schneider 47mm f:8 Super-Angulon in Synchro-Compur 00 shutter (1-1/500 sec + B) with X and M sync and V (self-timer) settings all in good working order. Glass is in excellent condition. 00 shutters don't have a focus or T setting, so you need to use a locking cable release to focus. No caps. Covers 6.5x9 cm.

I think I bought this one on APUG and it was in a new shutter that didn't have an f:stop index, so I measured the stops and made an index on the barrel of the front cell, which is easier to read than if it were on the shutter itself. On the opposite side, I've made an index mark for the shutter speed dial. To be sure the scale is aligned properly, open the aperture to the widest position and adjust the position of the front cell so the aperture pointer points to the "align lever" mark. The front cell should be screwed in snugly.

Specs from Schneider--

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info..._format_lenses/super-angulon/data/8-47mm.html

$300 includes US domestic shipping, a little more elsewhere. Payment by PayPal/check/money order or cash if you're in the neighborhood.

Attached Files:

2. photobizzz

photobizzz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow this would be a perfect lens for my "flat top" Mamiya Universal project...Gotta keep this lens in mind. I would snatch it up if I had the money, good price for a super wide lens. I think this would be about a 21mm equivalent on 135.

3. David A. Goldfarb

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes, this lens is ideal for a wideangle rollfilm camera project. I think you can find the same lens on one version of the Brooks Veriwide 6x10cm cameras.

4. David A. Goldfarb

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  5. goldenimage

goldenimage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have this same lens, it does very well on 6x9, good price, here is an image i made with mine, e6 process. good luck

Attached Files: