Schneider 80mm lens

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Andrew Laverghetta, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Andrew Laverghetta

Andrew Laverghetta Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm looking at buying an enlarging lens for my Beseler 45MCRX. The one that I see is a Schneider Kreuznach Componon S 80mm f/5.6. The problem that I'm trying to get out of the person is how big the threads are on the back. I need an 80mm lens that has the 39mm threads on the back that uses a jamb nut to hold the lens against the lens board. If anybody could help me out, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Andrew

2. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
  3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have an 80mm Componon S and I am 99% sure it is 39mm thread. I would have to go and check it to be 100% certain.

It screws into an adaptor disc about 2" wide to fit my LPL 6700 enlarger.

I will have a look tomorrow morning and post my findings if you have not received a definite answer by then.

Steve.

4. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    F/5.6 is going to be the older model. You'll need to check the vintage area of the Scheinder website to make sure what size it is.

5. Andrew Laverghetta

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thanks for the link. It says Leica thread. Is that the same one that I'm talking about? The lenses that I use now are the 50mm from a beseler cadet II and a 135mm f5.6 nikkor. They both attach to the lens board using the washer/jamb nut on the other side. Thanks!

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well.. I said I was 99% sure. Unfortunately, it was the other 1% that was true.

The link Ole posted gives a thread of 25mm for the 80mm Componon and that is what mine looks like. It is in an adaptor which takes the thread up to 39mm though.

My enlarger came with the adaptor but no lens so I would imagine that a 25 to 39 adaptor is fairly common.

Steve.

7. Andrew Laverghetta

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That looks exactly like the one I have.

Steve.

9. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    My PC doesn't "like" pdf's at present, so I didn't check the document...

There are a lot of historical documents on www.schneiderkreuznach.com which give the details about just about everything ever made by Schneider (oddly enough, I own two of the exceptions).

10. Andrew Laverghetta

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok, here's the auction that I was looking at...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00023256397&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

but I think I've found a local place that has a huge kodak enlarger for sale (HUUUGGE), and it has a lens on it that I thought might be decent. It had a 4 lens turret including a 300mm, 210mm, 150mm, and 105mm. If I was somehow able to get that 105mm lens alone do you think that it would work well with medium format like 645 or 6x6? Also, the lens is Staeble-Magnogon R 1:5.6/105. I obviously know the last numbers but I've never heard of that brand before. Is that a good, well known brand?

Thanks!

11. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's an Agfa process lens. It'll work but it's not the first choice.

The one on Ebay I can't tell anything from the pictures.

12. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It looks to me like 39mm. We have several componons and the older ones are 25mm, the newer ones 39mm. I strongly suspect that this is 39mm from the photo on the auction. There are 25mm beseler boards out there if you need one.

13. jmailand

jmailand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The older 25mm ones are made of chrome metal (see pic) , I think that this is a newer plastic model and is probably 39mm. You can find 25-39mm adapters on Ebay cheaper than the one from BH. You have to look though Ebay store items, they are usually listed in there. I think I paid around 10 bucks for 3 of them.

James,

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      128.2 KB
      Views: