schools/classes/darkrooms in ontario

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by mporter012, May 8, 2013.

1. mporter012

mporter012 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Can anyone speak of schools/classes/certificate programs etc in Ontario that offer a film based curriculum, at least in part? Preferably near Toronto, but really anywhere in Ontario. Thanks!

2. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    OCAD in Toronto.
    QUOTE=mporter012;1495464]Can anyone speak of schools/classes/certificate programs etc in Ontario that offer a film based curriculum, at least in part? Preferably near Toronto, but really anywhere in Ontario. Thanks![/QUOTE]

3. spijker

spijker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. jordanstarr

jordanstarr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Forget the program, just pay Bob Carnie for some one-on-one lessons (IF he has time). His stuff is incredible. Or see if you can Intern with him.

5. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think Ryerson Uni in downtown Toronto still does. It has quite a respected photography program.
    Sheridan College at theire Oakville site I believe also has a good photography program, but not sure if still film. I know they still have a darkroom.

If you want to self learn in depth how the B&W process works, and the limits of what film does and how it reacts in those circumstances, I would suggest dig up an old mid 70's copy of The Craft of Photogrpahy by David Vestal. I am self taught and learned from that growing up in a small town, many years ago.