Screen for RB/RZ 6x8 back

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by AdClem, Jul 2, 2010.

1. AdClem

AdClem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've got a couple of 6x8 backs for my RB67, and I'd like to use the extra centimetre. Now I know there are 6x8 screens, but they're really scarce; I haven't managed to track one down. So how do others utilise the full area? It seems pointless leave a margin for error. What about chinagraph lines on a regular screen?

All ideas gratefully received.

2. AdClem

AdClem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My opening question pre-supposes that the 6x7 or 6x8 screen show more in the longer dimension than is recorded on the film. This probably isn't so is it? So if I've got things arse-about-face, does anyone know whether the RB67 6x8 screen shows more of the scene than the 6x7 screen?

Should I just frame right up to the edges? Can anyone advise on how they frame a shot using a 6x8 back? Or is it time to do some testing?

This thread is in danger of getting a bit solipsistic.

3. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are a number of folks on here that know a lot about RB/RZs. However, I suspect you would get more traffic if your thread title had been more specific.

4. AdClem

AdClem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    [ I suspect you would get more traffic if your thread title had been more specific.[/QUOTE]

You're quite right David, that would have been sensible. The same thought eventually occurred to me, but I can't seem to be able to edit the title now.

5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Only moderators can change a thread title. If none of them picks up on this, try PM'ing one of them.

6. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Title updated.

7. AdClem

AdClem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    "Title updated"

Thanks.

8. ContaxRTSFundus