Seeking models in Northern Michigan

Discussion in 'Great Lakes Region' started by smieglitz, May 16, 2006.

1. smieglitz

smieglitz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm traveling to northern lower Michigan during the period June 16-23 and am looking for models to do some figure work in the landscape in Antrim, Charlevoix and Emmet Counties. I plan to do wetplate collodion ambrotypes in forested locations. If anyone in those areas have connections to figure models, please contact via pm. I can provide many references from models downstate in the Kalamazoo area. Some of my previous nude work can be seen here.

I also hope to be in the UP doing similar work in wetplate collodion in early August and am seeking models around the Marquette and Ontanogan areas as well.

Thanks,

Joe

2. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You might check with the University in Marquette, thats probably your best bet in the UP. I'd be surprised if you found much in the Ontonagon area.

Wayne

4. smieglitz

smieglitz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I do have a connection in Marquette but the logistics always seem to put me there at an inopportune time. That's why I'm publically posting. Thanks for the suggestion about the college though. I might also contact Michigan Tech and Suomi in Houghton/Hancock.

Joe