Seitz Roundshot 35/35?

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by Jeff Bannow, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Anyone have info on the Seitz Roundshot 35/35? I'm curious about this camera, and can't find any info online about shutter speeds, apertures, etc.

Is it worth holding out for a 120 Roundshot instead?

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    DId you see the close up pictures of this one? http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...eitz+Roundshot+35/35&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

For $2400, I'll bet not many folks have these laying around :eek:

Is it worth holding out for the 120?? No you need to hold out for the large format 5 inch one!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  3. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I did indeed see that (and the ridiculous price too!). Too bad you can't enlarge the photos and read the settings on the unit.

4. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Whatever you get, we will be expecting to see on in September, now that you have brought it up .... :smile:

5. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    How about a 10" Cirkut camera? Good luck finding the film though .... :smile:

6. jamie young

jamie young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  7. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a picture of a Vancouver Canucks NHL game made on a Seitz Roundshot camera - a Vancouver BC photographer named Kent Kallberg did it. I don't know the guy, it was just a promotional print and I grabbed it, since I'm a fan of panoramic.

kallbertstudios.com, if it's any help.

8. Ed Stander

Ed Stander Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Jeff:
    I have both a Roundshot 120 and a 5 inch Roundshot (!). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I have used the 35mm Roundshot as well - and in my humble opinion, the 120VR is a much better camera - particularly if you use Mamiya 645 lenses. Best - Ed

9. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    5" roundshot - now that would be nice! Thanks - this helps. I think I'm going to hold out for a 120 version.

10. europanorama

europanorama Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    there are three 5 inch versions 65mm and 90mm(early and newest) and a supercamera called multilens cam. 65mm film height is 11cm versus 6cm on the 65/70/220 if 70mm film was used. i dont know if there is anyone left who cam print directly 5 inch films using a roundshot enlarger. i think 50cm was the height-limit, right? brad lapaine has such an enlarger.

11. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Interesting - the enlarger looks pretty neat. Probably never see one for sale though.

12. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Jeff

the 35mm Roundshot is a great little camera, very sharp and easy to use. I don't have one but have seen the results. I have a couple of 120 cameras and I think they're really great machines, the only thing against them is their physical size. It's never worried me, if you're used to large format it's no problem.

I used to print the negs on a stretched enlarger I made that would handle a 14 inch neg. These days I scan and print. You could do the same with a 5 inch camera.

13. Jeff Bannow

Jeff Bannow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    We ended up with a 120 version of the Seitz. I'm interested - do you have more details on the enlarger? We are thinking of making something similar.

14. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I posted some photos here of the enlarger a few years back, it was under something to do with darkrooms. I'm not sure how you'd find it now but it should still be there.

The enlarger was a 4x5 De Vere with dicro head. The light source was at one end so it was a simple matter of fabricating a new centre section and bolting the light source back in. Had to make new bellows as well. It would take a 4x14 neg but most of the time I was printing 70mm x 12 inches, both B&W and colour. Used it for 6-7 years with no problems. I had 2 8x10 De Veres that I was going to convert to a single 8x20 using both light sources. Never got started on that one as I switched everything over to scanning and printing.

The pano enlarger I gave away.

15. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Jeff I found it, page 4 Darkroom Portraits, Darkroom Equipment

16. claytume

claytume Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Jeff have you been shooting the Roundshot, got any pics of your work?

17. Lewis dennison

Lewis dennison Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    35mm roundshot need to make a release

I lost my simple electronic cable release for the 35 roundshot. does anyone have a pin diagram or a suggestion?

18. jamie young

jamie young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Seitz is usually very helpful with problems like this. You should check in with them