Sekonic - L-358 or something simpler?

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by Robert, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Robert

Robert Member

Is there a meter without the flash functions but the other features of the L-358? I've sort of talked myself up to this model but don't need the flash features.

Is this a meter that will last? Not 70 years like my Weston but a few years?

2. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I am a big KISS advocate. So, in that regard, I recommend the Pentax Digital Spot meter. It does one thing and it does it very well.

lee\c

3. Robert

Robert Member

So am I but it's hard to justify the price right now. The 358 is borderline.

4. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've used the Pentax Spotmeter V (analog) for over 7 years. It can't get any simpler or more accurate that that.

5. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Why go a meter without the flash function? You may need this some time in the future. A year ago I bought the Minolta V never thinking about studio flash etc. However some weeks ago I joined a camera club and next week I will be shooting portraits with the use of the club's flash system. You see, you never can tell. So, still grateful for the nice young lady at the camera store who advised me to buy this meter. Brings a song to mind: Lovely Rita, meter maid etc.

Hans

6. Robert

Robert Member

I've been reading the manual off and on today. If I'm reading it right I guess I could use the meter to fire a couple of lights. So I guess it might be worth the extra money. I'd just rather spend the money on film-))