Sekonic L-458 Digiflash meter question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Paul Sorensen, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I may have gotten a bad deal on eBay on this meter. The seller referred to it as a flash/ambient meter, and while it will measure ambient light, it seems to be designed as pretty much a flash only meter. It has no mode switch and the shutter speed readings only go from 1/15 sec to 1/500. I understand that in most cases I can extrapolate to the correct exposure, but I was hoping for something a little more flexible than what this appears to be.

Sekonic does not have much about this meter on their web site, does anyone here know anything about it or happen to have a user manual that might explain if I am missing something?

Thanks!

Paul.

2. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think it's a flash only meter like the Minolta flashmeter II. The shutter speed range is limited. It would give you correct reading for ambient light though.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Paul:

There is a little bit about this meter in the Sekonic user forums maintained by Mamiya America. Try here:

Sekonic

It looks like in the early part of this decade, there were some enquiries made about a manual, and Mamiya America would sell a copy, but no download version was available.

Apparently they stopped making it in 1989.

Matt