Self-Assignment: A blog on learning, once again, how to take pictures

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by summicron1, Aug 5, 2014.

1. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. dugrant153

dugrant153 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Cool images. The 15mm produces such a funny perspective.
    The idea is very cool and the whole idea of discipline and limitations really does help people (at least I find it helps me) to really think about what you're shooting. As much as we don't want to think it, when we have "unlimited" photos, we tend to burn a few frames without any sort of forethought and think to ourselves "oh well" and in general I find this makes for lazier shooting. When your mental space is in making each and every shot count, I think you'll find the results to be better :smile:
    Plus, I really hate culling a crap load images... especially if there are thousands to go through. Who has time these days???

My two cents for now :smile:

3. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Exactly. I really feel even the pt and sht digital I use primarily for grandparent shooting is making me very lazy and non-selective. I don't like feeling that way :sad:

I like that lens. It is reasonably rectilinear, not as much vignetting as you would expect, darn sharp.

4. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am currently thinking between Heliar 15mm and Lomo LC wide ... Heliar is for sure sharper, but Lomo LC wide is very cool camera. I know a guy who has Lomo LC wide - he will borrow me the camera for test, then I will see how good the lens on Lomo wide is.

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice images.

Jeff

6. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG