Selling Avenue for Hand Made Prints

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by JBrunner, Nov 10, 2006.

1. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have run across a site that allows persons to list hand made arts crafts, etc. for sale. It might be a good place for some traditional prints to be offered by those that would be interested in using this sales model.

If you choose to list, be certain to list your printing process in the description, to qualify your print as hand made. I made an inquiry regarding digital prints represented as hand made on the site, and they seem to be in the process of reviewing photo listings. Several have been deleted. It would be nice if actual hand made photography was well represented on the site. I am going to list a few prints over the next couple of days.

Other than the afore mentioned email correspondence I have no affiliation or vested interest in the site.

http://www.etsy.com/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  2. Digidurst

Digidurst Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The site is down right now for upgrades but the concept sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for pointing it out.

3. bchukran

bchukran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi all....I've listed some of my other artwork on Etsy this year, and have had two sales. In general, it's great for artsy craftsy stuff priced under $20, but there are some who do well there. Photo prints seem to sell for $20 and under, so do some research into it before you spend a lot of time uploading photos. Still, it's inexpensive, and wouldn't hurt to try! I plan to add some of my photos once they have some of the bugs worked out of their recent huge upgrade.

bobbi c.
    http://www.bobbichukran.com

4. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I agree - an interesting interpretation of 'hand-made'. Still, I might give it a shot just to see how it goes.

- Randy

6. JBrunner

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Well, apparently they have no concept of "handmade" when it comes to photography, judging from the load of inkjet crap etc. that predominates. I have pulled my listings, and I'm sorry I posted about this in the first place. Bummer- seemed a promising concept.

7. mark

mark Member

Maybe they need to be educated. Point them this way, and I am sure plenty of us can tell them just what hand made is, in the photo world.

8. JBrunner

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Already tried. Talking to the wind. (money blowing in it, where they are concerned.) Its justa pitchur.

9. mark

mark Member

Ahhhhh....money. CLouds many people's perceptions of reality.