Semi-Stand Workshop

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Steve Sherman, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Steve Sherman

Steve Sherman Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    With all the recent discussion on the Semi-Stand technique of film processing it seems an appropriate time to publicize the dates of a workshop on Semi-Stand Film Developing.

Photographers Formulary will host a workshop given by me this coming August 21-27 in beautiful Montana. For more info: http://www.photoformulary.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

2. Travis Nunn

Travis Nunn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I think it'd be great to attend, but Montana is a bit far for a workshop for me.

3. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I agree with both points. However, it seems like the regional groups would be a great way to bring Steve and other APUG luminaries to different parts of the country.

Steve, how many participants do you need to make a seminar pay for you? And what would the per participant cost be? I think I am going to throw this out to the Great Lakes APUGGERS to gauge interest.

4. c6h6o3

c6h6o3 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    We brought Steve down to Rockville, MD where he gave a one day workshop to great acclaim and much applause. I'll vouch for the value.

A few of us had the good fortune to take him out shooting with us the day before. Try to work this in. You need to make some adjustments in your exposure technique to use his process to best effect. As I understand it the Montana workshop will concentrate heavily on shooting which in my view will really enhance the experience.

5. zenrhino

zenrhino Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Steve, is this going to cover roll film or just sheet film and lf/ulf technique?

6. avandesande

avandesande Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I would go if you had one in NM or AZ.