Series to metric filter adapters?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Removed Account, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Removed Account

Removed Account Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've discovered that a lens I have takes series 8 filters. Since these are hard to come by I've been trying to find a push-on adapter that has threads to accept the current standard metric screw-in filters. B&H has adapters going from metric to series, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for. My lens does not have threads so the adapter needs to be push-on type. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?

2. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm fairly certain that at some point I've seen these around, but not recently. I've considered a series VI to 58mm adapter myself, since I have a host of filters in 58mm already which are far more modern than the vintage series VI filters that I now use, but the only place that I know for certain that you can get one is to have the fellas at S.K.Grimes make you one. It's on my wish list, but given certain economic events I think that's where it'll stay for a bit longer. If I run into one in your size I'll give you a shout...

- Randy

3. outwest

outwest Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Most 67mm filters will screw directly into a Series 8.