Shipping Weight :Ilford MG FB 16x20/50 sheet pack

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Smudger, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Smudger

Smudger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all. Here in New Zealand Ilford paper is more than twice as expensive as the U.S. price, adjusted for currency differences.
    I have a friend in New York who is willing to ship to me, but in order to figure if the saving is worthwhile I need to know the weight of a package..
    Could any kind soul tell me this ?
    Thanks,
    Ian.

2. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You're lucky Ian, I just received a box yesterday!

The weight on the package for postage is 4.15 kg. There wasn't much in the way of packaging though...you may want to round it up a bit for sturdier packaging.

Murray

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    According to FedEx (http://www.fedex.com) your package should cost you about $45.00 US to ship; that is for anything under 150 pounds.

4. Smudger

Smudger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Murray - you are a champion -thanks.
    Robert : I thought I would use US Postal Service : around US$ 26.70 for Economy (Surface) Parcel...
    Regards,
    Ian

5. noseoil

noseoil Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Smudger, just be sure to order enough. If there is room in the budget and in the box, get as much as you can for the best deal on shipping. tim

6. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    No worries Ian. You are probably looking at a two week shipping time on this, at least. I have a friend that lives on the South Island and it takes about 10 days to get a letter from Hawaii to her, near Alexandra. Ask Sean, he probably has a better handle on shipping from the US to NZ.

BTW, I see you are in Dunedin. Nice town. I once rode the southerner from Christchurch to Balclutha, which used to stop in Dunedin. Too bad it no longer runs. I also took the Taieri River Gorge trainride.