Shoe Mount 1 Degree Spot Meter? Does it Exist?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Fragomeni, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Fragomeni

Fragomeni Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone. Just a quick question: Has there ever been a shoe mount 1 degree spot meter or even a shoe mount spot meter in general (maybe not 1 degree)? I'm curious because I'm used to carrying about my Pentax 1 degree (I shoot mainly large format) but when I carry my 35mm rangefinders the spot meter is like carrying a whole extra camera. Ideally, I'd have a 1 degree spot meter attached to the shoe mount and I could leave the Pentax at home. Am I dreaming or is this a possibility? Oh and I am aware of the many shoe mount light meters, what I am asking about is shoe mount 1 degree spot meters specifically. Thanks.

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The usual option for spot metering with 35mm without carrying a spot meter is to use a camera that has built-in spot metering.

5. Fragomeni

Fragomeni Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And if one doesn't want to use a camera with a built in spot meter, say a Leica M3 or any of the many other rangefinders without built in light meters, then they would need to investigate other options. Hence the question. Also, very few 35mm built in light meters actually meter a true 1 degree.