Shouldn't have done that :(

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Soeren, May 29, 2007.

1. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All
    So I made the mistake of taking the offer from my photopusher and borrowed that ZF25mm lens for one hours shooting :rolleyes: I shot a roll of kodak elitechrome EC and since I only caried one camera and one lens I included some shots with my 50mm f/1.4 and 20mm f/2.8 at the end of the roll after I got back.
    Did you know that the first 2/3 of a film is sharper than the last 1/3? :tongue:
    Roger and Frances are only partly right, you can experience the potential of this lens when handholding but a tripod is recomended especially if you plan to shoot closeups. I found one major drawback, the prize. I figure I have to rob a bank or forget how good it is, some alternatives, eh?
    Cheers
    Søren

2. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    YES its celebration time. after 1265 posts I got my first not answered thread :D :D :D
    oh btw my own post here doesn't count, right? :smile:
    Cheers
    Søren

3. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    You don't have to worry about your photopusher yet. When I walk in the store, my pusher has the item with my name already filled out on a sales receipt!..I am just a sucker!! Now the post is sort of answered, I don't have any input about the lens..Cheers..Evan Clarke

4. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh you did it. You couldn't help it, right? you just had to ruin my day and answer that post :sad: :D :D
    yeah I know. I was going there with my other photopusher but saw the warning signs in time :smile:
    Cheers
    Søren

5. Struan Gray

Struan Gray Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an irrational desire to buy the 100 mm macro. It costs more than my entire camera systems in 35 mm, 6x6 or LF, I don't own a camera on which I can use it, I don't ever do the sort of photography for which it is designed, and it's not actually available for sale yet. BUT I WANT ONE.

6. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes so do I and I havn't even seen it yet. Such a macro lens and the closefocussing videangle could bring me back in 35mm photography for real.Hmm well just ordered this "book" http://www.alternativephotography.com/books/je_exploring_simple_lenses.html
    Maybe that will make me think of something else.

BTW Struan maybe we should do that shootout someday.

Kind regards Søren

7. snegron

snegron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have been looking at the 35mm Zeiss. I wonder if is is that much better than a Nikkor 35mm 1.4 or a 28mm 2.0 to justify the price?

8. wheelygirl

wheelygirl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I did a 'boo-boo'!!!

Hi everyone
    A continuing grateful Wheelygirl here, with a new problem--as I was fiddlin' with the legs of the tripod, with camera and its 200mm telephoto lens on the tripod, the "back-door" of the camera flew open, :surprised: and unbeknowst to me, the film indicator showed that the film needed to be adavnced; however, there had already had been 15 exposures taken, with that roll. Now, my question is, how 'safe' would be for me to shoot 9 more shots?:confused: :confused: The film indicator is on the "point' just immediately before the "1" [meaning the first exposure, not the tail]. I have a Minolta SRT101.
    Thanks to all, who can advise me!!

One thing i did learn: attach the camera after I set up the tripod's legs!!
    Live and Learn!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  9. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Go ahead and shoot it, wont be but a two or three frame advance till you are past the fogged film.

10. Brac

Brac Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Probably you got so few replies (& I discount the last 2 as they seem to be on something totally different) because so few people can actually afford one of these lenses. I'd certainly like one of the new Zeiss lenses in a Nikon mount because I've got a body it will fit. But at the moment it's financially impossible. So I try not to think about it, and I shouldn't really be posting about it as it just reminds me of what I can't afford!

11. Soeren

Soeren Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well Brac. Thats exactly whats this thread is all about :smile:
    Cheers
    Søren