Shutter release button on Nikon FE.

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Mike Kennedy, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greetings All,
    I have a small issue with my Nikon FE. Seems as though I must press the shutter release button straight down with the tip of my finger to fire the camera.
    Not really a big deal as the camera works beautifully. Can the button be adjusted? Or maybe extended in any way?

Mike

2. Monophoto

Monophoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are little gadgets that screw into the cable-release socket in a shutter release to provide a larger release button. You could probably find one at an older camera store that has lots of ends and odds left over from the old days when photography was a gadget trap.

3. Gim

Gim Subscriber

I believe they called them "soft shutter release buttons". I have them on an old F and nikkormats. It gives a larger button and provides more sensitivity when "mashing" the shutter release. I like them.
    Jim

4. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Go to the source if you want the correct answer.

Mike

5. titrisol

titrisol Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Porter's still had those in stock last time I got one of their catalogs (about 18 months ago)
    They may still have them

6. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Porters does have them and at a great price..$3.25. But, in accordance with my New Years pledge of going through APUG first I will post in the classified section.

Mike