Sighted: Canon RF in 'Gamera'

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Fixcinater, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was in charge of picking the movie a couple nights back, after a run of rom-coms chosen by my girlfriend. So, of course, I picked a Mystery Science Theatre 3000, called "Gamera."

Attached are some screen shots of what looks to be a fairly early Canon with a 135mm chrome lens. He was a reporter figure, and later in the movie, had found a gigantic shoulder-mounted cine camera.

Not captured was a Graflex that supposedly lived on a research boat in the Antarctic, right after the giant turtle appears.

Attached Files:

2. DannL.

DannL. Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Cool! I'm a godzilla fan anyways, so this sounds like a movie I should be watching. Having recently parted with a IIIa and now the proud owner of a IIS2, that would make it all the more interesting. That is, trying to figure out the exact model used in the film should be fun.

3. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It appears to have the 3-magnification viewfinder with the two piece lever, so perhaps an SIIb or -d. I'm pretty sure those are the only models made in large numbers (~14,000 for the -b, ~20,000 for the -d) that had the two piece lever.