Simmon Omega Copy Attachment 4x5, 2 pieces with Target Plate - ???

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by dachyagel, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dachyagel

dachyagel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I got this with a B&J Orbit monorail a while back and was going to throw it away -- however, if someone here wants it and knows what it's worth (if anything) --

Says Simmon Omega Copy Attachment on the front of the folding cover -- I'm not sure if this goes with an Omega enlarger, fits on a monorail, or is part of a copy stand for 4x5. The target piece / plate has a glass negative holder with target marks for negative sizes from 4x5 down to 35mm.

Picture attached -- shipping would be between $8 and $12 conUS. If you want it or you have more information about what it is, let me know.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. holmburgers

holmburgers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm curious/interested in this. I have a B&J Orbital monorail and I've got a few projects that would require copying. I can't really imagine or understand how it connects or is used though.

3. dachyagel

dachyagel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm *guessing* that the target goes where a film holder would go -- but it makes more sense that it would work with an enlarger. I really have no idea, as I've never seen one of these before.

4. dachyagel

dachyagel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    From Ian C:

"I believe the item at left is the 7404 Copy Attachment intended for the DII. It has a red knob identical to that on the end of the lamphouse lifting lever of the DII.

Or it might be the newer 429-076 Reflex Copy Attachment for the D2.

The item on the right is the 429-089 Projection Copy Attachment Target listed as an accessory to the D2, which also fits the DII.

For copying films you’d also need the 7400 Extension Attachment for Small Prints (extra bellows and focusing stage), later replaced by 7435, and later, by 429-085, in order to position the lens at the correct position.

Since copy films are gone, I don’t see how it can be used now. "

5. dachyagel

dachyagel Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    In the trash it goes....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.