Sinar P rear standard - rise/fall slips

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by BenZucker, Sep 18, 2010.

1. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hello,
    I have a sinar p rear standard where the rise/fall slips (from the weight above, the knob turns as the standard moves lower, the gears are not stripped.) I was wondering if any one knows how to fix this, and if it is something I can do myself rather than send it out.

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Just glancing at my Sinar P, which happens to be set up on the tripod next to me, I'd be surprised if it were something you couldn't adjust yourself, but never having done it, I couldn't say how. I know one of the Sinar users posted a service manual a while ago, but I think it got lost in an upgrade somewhere. Check to see if the Sinar User Group is still up in the "Groups" area on APUG, and it might be in there.

3. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I took a look and didn't find it. Do you happen to remember who may have posted it? I see you are in NYC, Do you know any one in NYC that could repair it (perhaps Nippon, I dont know if they do view camera repairs) to avoid sending it out to Sinar.

4. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thank you for posting this. It looks like quite the document to navigate through, but hopefully I will find what I am looking for after i take a proper look through it.