Skill Testing Question: Camera Repair in the Metro NYC Area

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Uncle Bill, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My brother Alex is based in lower Manhattan and has a Nikon F with a busted film counter that won't advance beyond 12. His usual go to for camera repairs is Essex Camera in NJ which is currently closed courtesy damage from Sandy. Anyone have a recommendation a decent camera repair guru preferably with experience with Nikons in the NY/NJ US Northeast?

Alex is would be right at home here but due to career doesn't really have a lot of time to hang online.

2. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, two stones throws away in Rhode Island is Zack's Camera Repair, who I believe are also APUG sponsors. Aside from that, there are LOTS of camera repair people in New York City. Ask at B&H and see who they use, if they don't do it in-house.

3. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks!

4. Rudolf Karachun

Rudolf Karachun Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    One of the professional photo repair shops located just across the street next to the B&H store, another somewhere on 12 or 14 street, one or two blocks east from Broadway. I don’t remember exact address and name of the place but I used them previously and they do a good job. Actually I found them on the internet so you just need to do some search.

5. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use Dave Easterwood.
    He is in Michigan but is an expert on the first Nikon F's and probably all the ones that followed.

734-433-2640. His email address is: davescamera@earthlink.net

6. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you are mailing away I can recommend Ken Ruth at Photography On Bald Mountain in Davenport, CA.

7. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC?

8. samcomet

samcomet Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I can vouch for an excellent job at reasonable price at Nippon Photo Clinic............my repair was a Bessa R2A.