SL66 lenscaps?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mike Kovacs, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Mike Kovacs

Mike Kovacs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know of a source for Bayonet VI sized lenscaps for my SL66 lenses? B&H has been out of stock seemingly forever.

Any ideas of a useful substitute as well? I haven't been able to find a food packaging cap of the suitable size either.

2. Ulrich Drolshagen

Ulrich Drolshagen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Mike,

any dealer selling Rollei equipment should sell them. As far as I know all Rollei 600x cameras share the same Bay VI mount. Try www.fotopartner.de for instance. They are the official Rollei dealers in Germany. But beware of the price, it's breath taking.

cheers

Ulrich

3. Mike Kovacs

Mike Kovacs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Funny, B&H just notified me today that I can get them special order.

$35 a pop - could be worse knowing the price of Rollei accessories. If anyone from Canada is looking for some, I can add some extras to my order if you PM me.

4. Ulrich Drolshagen

Ulrich Drolshagen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Mike,

mine was 16€ from the source mentioned above. Should be less than B&H even considering shipping from Germany.

cheers

Ulrich

5. Mike Kovacs

Mike Kovacs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you. Deutsche Post is notoriously expensive but I should still save a lot considering I want two caps.

6. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just bought a Tiffen Bay VI to 67mm adapter and it was CHEAP, but well made. That way I can use my 67mm filters from my Pentax 67 and regular lenscaps. Those Bay VI filters are WAY expensive.

W.

7. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The adapter came from my local Calumet.

8. Mike Kovacs

Mike Kovacs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Odd, Tiffen shows no such product available on their web catalogue. All I can find is B&W for $55, or the one's Hadley Chamberlain sells.

9. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Well, I used to work there until about 4 months ago so I knew they had one tucked into a bin from doing numeorus inventories there. Who knows how long it had been there.

10. jonathanbennett120

jonathanbennett120 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  11. Mike Kovacs

Mike Kovacs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, that one should do it.

To post the end of this A long saga, I contacted several dealers including in Germany and found the best price and shipping rate to North America was Robert White Photographic in the UK.

So for less than the price of that auction, I have new Rollei Bay VI caps coming. Caps are 10 pounds each (+ VAT if you live in Europe) and they are not listed in the web catalogue. Still a bit pricey, but cheaper than a hit to my precious SL66 lenses.

Many thanks.

12. jonathanbennett120

jonathanbennett120 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  13. Mike Kovacs

Mike Kovacs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    haha - try as I might, I never did find a cap that fixed. I was even walking up and down ailes in the supermarket with a 80/2.8 Planar in my pocket :wink:

Some nice photos on that (Japanese?) site. I think I like my SL66 better in black though that's an interesting covering on that camera.