'Slight' Exposure Errors

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by chrisl, Mar 21, 2003.

1. chrisl

chrisl Member

In last sunday's shoot, I shot some TriX at asa 320 instead overexp by a stop or two. And I didn't bring the reciprocity info with me and have some shots I took for like 2-3 min's. When I got back home, and looked up the numbers I was amazed at the time differences noted in Steve Simmons' book! A 2 min meter turns out to be 40min? Wow. Ilford's FP4 wasn't much better, and, wants you to underdev as well. And to top it all off, alot of my negs were shot in 7,8,9 stop exposure ranges requiring n- development too. Boy, this is somewhat confusing to figure it out lol Too bad on the underexposured negs, they were my fav's of the barn's interior:sad:

Chris

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

3. chrisl

chrisl Member

I was hoping to standardize my processing using the Unidrum. But if tray processing these will save them, I'll try. Luckily there were only four shots inside the barn, the rest were shot at 1-3 secs...which still should've recieved 5-10 secs more. But should be ok I'd think.

Thanks again for those times!!

Chris

4. chrisl

chrisl Member

I found this online, digitaltruth.com w. dev charts.

I used the old trix, rec times: D-76/ID-11 320 5.5s 20°C , but didn't say what it was for 1:1 like detailed below on fp4

Also, for fp4:D-76/ID-11 (1+1) 50 8s 20°C

Since I need to dilute out for N- development to try to keep times at rec. times??

5. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format