So I was looking for a Hass Intellifaucet D250 and wound up buying a used K375...

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Matthew Cherry, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Matthew Cherry

Matthew Cherry Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got it for $80 on the 'Bay, so I figured it was worth a shot. The seller took it out of a working environment, but doesn't have the transformer, so I'll have to figure that out, but I figured for money, it was worth a shot.

Does anyone here use one of these? Did I just make a colossal, spur-of-the-moment mistake, or will this work well for a darkroom?

2. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds good to me! Last time I checked, Hass was still in business, so he could supply the transformer and any replacement parts.

3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think power supplies are available in the parts section on the website, otherwise you could call or email them.

I have found them to be very responsive for questions. I have a 250 which I obtained 2nd hand, and I love it, it is SOOOO much better than a thermostatic mixing valve!

4. Ponysoldier

Ponysoldier Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I dealt with Bernard Hass a number of times over the last forty years - first as a metrologist in the US Army and subsequently as a metrologist with ETHICON Inc. and the gentleman was always a pleasure to work with in everything from acquistion of instruments to arranging for overhaul. bdial is correct in regard to their responsiveness and I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call!

Joel

5. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have the K250, which is exactly the same except it runs down to .5 gal/min instead of 1 gal/min. If you don't mind the higher minimum flow rate, the K375 is terrific. I'm sure Hass would convert yours to the lower flow rate if you wanted. The Hass power supply is very high quality, so I'd recommend it over the junky stuff available elsewhere. The K series controllers are extremely nice because you can set it to any temperature, see the actual temperature readout, adjust pressure, time water delivery, and manually control the valves.

6. Matthew Cherry

Matthew Cherry Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys.

How important is the lower flow rate? I've always used a higher one?

7. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you have an Ecowash or otherwise use a very low flow rate to wash prints, it's important. If your normal water usage is < 1 gal/min, it would be a factor--otherwise, not so much.

8. Matthew Cherry

Matthew Cherry Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a large plexi Gravity Works vertical print washer. I suppose I might use a slower flow for that? But I don't think Keeping it flowing a little more would hurt?

9. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The only thing that would hurt is your pocketbook, depending on the cost of water where you live--the prints won't mind a bit.

10. Luis-F-S

Luis-F-S Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hass doesn't convert t a lower flow rate. Just lower the flow on the K375 to the minimum setting which should be 15 or 20%. It will work better at the lower setting. Let us know how it modulates at the lower rates. I have a K250 that I paid a whole lot more for it and works great. If you decide you don't need yours, PM me.

Luis

11. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    FROM MY EXPERIENCE , IT'S VERY RELIABLE AND PRECISE EQUIPMENT ,MAKING THE DARKroom even more of a pleasure tto work in;everything else was a pain;this is set and forget!

12. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For what it is worth, I sent my D250 to Hass for a CLA or whatever they call checking it out and was pleased with both the service and the price. The AC Adaptor for my D250 is made by Stancor Model: STA-5713. Bill Barber

13. Luis-F-S

Luis-F-S Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Bill, So what's your cold water supply if I may ask in the hill country? Is it cold enough year-round? I have to use a chiller for my cold supply most of the year in So. Louisiana. I have my K250 plumbed so I can use either hot or cold on the hot side of the K250, and the chilled line on the cold side. During the winter, I just don't run the chiller. Luis

14. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm interested about the cost of a CLA type inspection and replacement of the seals in a K375. These units new are $1150, I found one for $275. I was thingies that when it gets here I'll send it in anyway for an inspection and calibration. Hass says the seals are difficult to replace and last effectively five years so I'll get them replaced too. Anyone with a K375 unit let me know how you like it.

15. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I feel that's the best way to start out. I made an inquiry and Hass sent me an RTA. When I receive the unit I'll send it in for a check. Right now I have an old Kodak model with a dial display. It drifts and any small adjustment throws the whole thing off.

16. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now that took a long time for me to get it in for service! A couple of days ago Hass called to tell me what condition my unit was in. The answer was "perfect"! It was only off .5 degree on the very low end. I was missing the power supply and had no instructions so Hass supplied them. $30.00 for the power supply and free for the instructions. They said it didn't need an adjustment but I figured since it was there I would have it calibrated. They do a complete calibration and adjustment for $50.00. I figured it was well worth it.

It's a great unit with a great display. I'm glad I found a more advanced model. Since it came today I need to install it. Hass is the best company and service is quick, thorough, and economical. They're #1 in my book. This unit will save electricity and water which is a good feeling.

17. RalphLambrecht

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    very sorry for highjacking the thread but,I still have on e of these for sale. it comes with a transformer for 220Vbut according to Hass, it can be switched to 110V easily.I'm asking $400with free shipping within US from Florida.

18. RalphLambrecht

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    still have a Hass intellifaucet D250 for sale at $250+shipping.more details if you are seriously interested

19. RalphLambrecht

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    mine has successfully been sold.

20. GraemeMitchell

GraemeMitchell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm also selling an E250 with the filter kit, essentially an entire turnkey water board ready to go.

I've it listed on ebay, but I'd gladly negotiate a lower price off of ebay.

You can see it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hass-Intell...797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4110a3a5

These things are amazing, and I've a suspicion I may regret selling it...but I'm moving across the country and foresee may darkroom being down for a long time. (On that note, I'm also considering selling a bunch of other stuff if you're in the NYC area, including a great darkroom sink)

21. GraemeMitchell

GraemeMitchell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    To add to this, on top of the Hass set up I've decided to piece out my entire darkroom before my cross-coast move. I lowered the price on the Hass unit.

If you're interested you can take a gander on ebay under my user graemeride: http://www.ebay.com/sch/graemeride/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=