So my Pentax ME Super's PC port plug disappeared...

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Adi N., Jul 10, 2013.

1. Adi N.

Adi N. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Like, the socket is there, but where there should be the part that actually accepts the plug, the female part is missing. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but it seems like it simply just got yanked out. I shoot a lot of strobe work, so I definitely need it. Does anyone know if it's replaceable before I start looking into either replacing the entire camera or hotshoe based options?

2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Possibly the retaining ring unscrewed and allowed the part to fall back into the camera body. I don't see how the part could fall out unless the wire is broken.

3. maderik

maderik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Did you check the end of all of your sync cables? That's what typically happens. While it could be replaced, a hotshoe adapter would be the most cost effective solution.

4. Adi N.

Adi N. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm, interesting. Do you know if there is anyway of possibly fishing it out then?

I did, and I couldn't seem to find it, unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

5. bsinmich

bsinmich Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I paid about $7.00 a few years back for a CD that covered the ME Super construction & repair. I found it on E-Bay. I still have 3 ME Supers. It is fairly simple to work on, but I used to work on adding machines & calculators.