So Who Did Some Shooting This Past Weekend?

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by photomc, Jul 18, 2005.

Did You Shoot Any Film This Past Weekend?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2005.
  1. No, I spent all my time reading post to Brooks question about digital

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No, I was worried about flags and such

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Yes, then I read ALL of the post to Brooks question about digital

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Yes, But I am too busy developing the film I shot this weekend to respond to this poll.

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  1. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There really isn't a reason for this poll, just thought we should take an inward look at post from this past weekend and maybe think about it and get out and shoot some film this coming weekend..... :D

2. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I tried yesterday. I hiked about a half mile with the 5X7, got set up for a beautiful shot, only to find I couldn't get my ground glass or lenses to stop fogging up in the 90% humidity.

I got REAL tired of sweating my posterior region off, so I called it a day and went home and made frozen Margaritas.

3. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When to going gets tough, the tough go drinking... :smile:

4. David

David Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Yeah, broke out the 11x14 and tried some new lighting for portraits. Way too cool!

5. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Yosemite was grand but there sure were a lot of people. Doing the 717's as we speak.

6. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not me: too busy wasting paper in the darkroom. Plus, it's been too hot and sunny to lug cameras about: roll on autumn and the accompanying low angled light and dawn at a more sensible time of day... :wink:

Who said summer was for shooting and winter for the darkroom?: nuts...

Bob.

7. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Only shot around four frames with the RTS -- but processed two rolls of Tri-X.

8. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Played around with a still life on my deck to try out my new BlackJacket dark cloth. What a great piece of gear it is!

9. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You are correct there Alex...don't have one (yet!!) but saw Jeremy's when we went out to shoot, congrats!

Took the new (to me) 8x10 into the backyard and shoot a couple of shots, of a wicker chair from the patio...strange look I got from the wife when she came out and HER chair was sitting in the back yard...was checking the lens that came with the camera (no markings on the lens, just a Wollensak shutter).

10. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    ^%*&_*$%! Now see what you made me do. I was filling up the JOBO when I got sidetracked answering this poll and now the darkroom was about to float away! :surprised:

11. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    lol ..... Sorry..

12. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Did a job, nothing for myself. Got to print though!

13. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yeah. I shot Woman in Black Dress. Then stayed up all night processing sheet film one at a time in a paterson system 4 tank. :smile:

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Great work Brad! Just excellent. Get the Shen Hao!

16. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thank you Jim. I guess all that gabbing about cameras and looking at all those wonderful prints on Saturday inspired me. The Shen will have to wait :sad: though....we bought a new piano Sunday afternoon. :surprised: :surprised: :rolleyes: :smile:. I have no idea from where the money for that is going come - which is a good thing. At least we'll have music to fill the house.

17. highpeak

highpeak Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    LOL

I was dog tired after play 3 hours of badminton in 90% humidity indoor. couldn't get up to do anything, finished a can of bud, dosed off...

then woke up finished reading Brooks thread, dosed off again.

18. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Did some more testing with RAF Pyro-Metol. I've got TX pretty much down, now TXT, then Classic 400.

19. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Of course. Saturday is my day of rest so I just went to Church and took it easy, but on Sunday, I was out with my new Schneider SuperSymar XL 80mm 4.5 lens and a box of Velvia 100 (not 100F). I was out shooting the late afternoon light at Waimea Bay.

20. livemoa

livemoa Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was out on Sunday, trying to get the last image for my next exhibition.

Now just have to print three sets of 14 16x20's and five sets of 14 8x10's......

http://www.photospace.co.nz/expo097.htm if you are interesred

21. MenacingTourist

MenacingTourist Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I shot about 10 Polaroids (4x5) Saturday after the kids went to bed. My wife read the new Harry Potter book out loud while I composed shots and generally messed around. This lasted until just after 2 a.m. There aren't many more things I would rather have been doing :smile:

22. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I spent 2 hours in the late evening light wading through thick brambles and nettles in teh woods wearing shorts and sandals! I have the mosquito bites and skin tears to prove. I'm a martyr to my art you know. :wink: So you can see, I'm far too busy developing films and applying antihistamine creams to respond to this post, so please dont ask me to.

23. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I went out on a night shoot with a class from our school. (I manage a photography school, in case you were wondering.) We stayed out until about 2:30 in the morning shooting in the lower downtown area of Denver. The highlight was probably when we were at confluence park and some young folks (20ish) rode up on their bikes and proceeded to go skinny dipping in the artificial rapids outside of the REI store. They consented to having their pictures taken and I got a couple of fun shots as they were riding the rapids. I was shooting Tmax 100 and using very long exposures, so I illuminated the swimmers with a hand held flash. The result was really ghostly and cool.

All in all a great evening of shooting!

24. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was out with a nice model to shoot a couple of rolls (HP5 @ 400 and Delta 3200 @ 12500).
    We had great fun and I am going in the darkroom to make some prints tomorrow. Right now, I havne't set up my entire darkroom but I can develop the film at home which gives me more time for printing when I am in the darkroom facilities I borrow.
    Nice to be out shooting again...

Morten

25. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I shot five rolls of Fuji NPS with my Mamiya 330f for some friends of their five year old identical twin daughters on Sunday, I really enjoyed it, it was a lovely day the light quite strong in the local park were we took them for the shoot, this caused some problems with contrast, but I hope to have overcome this by using reflectors, and fill in flash. I'll have to wait for about three more days before I get the pictures back from the lab. The waiting the worst part .

26. NikoSperi

NikoSperi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bob,
    Your problem lies in the fact that you got the order all wrong. FIRST, the frozen margaritas... THEN you go shoot with the 5x7.

That way the artiste is in the house
    ... :smile: