Someone help me name this fujifilm please?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by boonie, Dec 16, 2009.

1. boonie

boonie Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I bought it at some asian market not expecting anything significant. and was I proven wrong, the results were amazing, colors, tones, contrast and all. all great/amazing/awesome.

description:
    -I remember the box being in some arabic/middle eastern language
    -negatives read Fuji with '990' somewhere along the perforations

or am I just over thinking it and it was actually fujifilm superia in arabic and was probably expired? (the camera store wasn't actually a camera store, just a stand that took horrible passport photos using a d40, their supply of this film seemed pretty stocked up though)

and going there is not an option because their location is unknown taking into consideration that I was half-awake when I went.

2. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too have seen the Arabic Fujifilm at a horrible passport "photo" store. It must just be Superia.

3. bob100684

bob100684 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've seen a couple rolls of this come into labs I've worked at. Always seems to be regular superia whatever speed the box says.

4. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How about "Gary"?
    I'd say Superia as a starting point too, but there has been a history of marketing special tropical films with different balances and better keeping qualities in the heat. I'm not sure if that continues today though.

5. Nikanon

Nikanon Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'd say SUPERB-ia, dum dum crash