Something interesting from Ilford at Photo Expo...

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by bobfowler, Oct 23, 2005.

1. bobfowler

bobfowler Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had a chat with an Ilford rep at PhotoExpo yesterday (NYC Javits Center). We were talking about the future of the company and he mentioned that the main head shed wanted them to ask film shooters about some possible films that they may consider producing. One in particular was a Delta type ISO 25 film! Not to be a total replacement for Pan F+, but as an addition to the Ilford Delta line.

Apparently, they are working on the emulsion now and there is a possibility that they may release it, first in roll film, later in sheets.

Something to keep your eyes open for in the future...

2. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been hearing teasers about this for a bit now - it would be great if it comes true, especially if they get it right! Add me to the list of people crossing their fingers!

3. Nicole

Nicole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was talking to an Agfa rep at their headoffice in Australia who only a couple of weeks ago assured me that 35mm B&W film and paper will be around for a long time. What a rep says and a company does ...

4. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As unfortunate it is that these are words of wisdom - it does not change the fact that they are indeed. Sad but true. But, we may as well scrape the bottom of our photographic box of Pandora for the one thing left - hope.:smile:

5. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Well, isn't faith at the heart of photography? We focus and make camera settings based on a multitude of physical laws that we can't really see, all in the faith that they will all work together to produce the image that we desire, and, sometimes with the hope that the image will be a great one.

6. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I hope

I sincerely hope it is Nicole, but I don't think that Agfa will still be there to make it, unfortunately.

7. zenrhino

zenrhino Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As David Hume once said, faith is the act of believing something in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.