Sony Nex-5 ads and Sekonic prop

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Ross Chambers, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Ross Chambers

Ross Chambers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Has anyone looked at the press ads for this camera? Apart from the agency's idea of a professional (or a Newtown-ite) they have used a Sekonic meter dangling around his neck as a prop. I have asked Sony whether I need a $700-800 meter to use this camera: I await their answer.

Then I can ask them if their prospective customers would treat a meter as casually as this, and whether I or the camera make exposure decisions.

End of bilious post (maybe I should join Kevin 07 in hospital)

Regards - Ross

2. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a travesty only a half-baked ad agency would dream up.
    Though not that ad, I have watched several Canon EOS Digital ads in the last few days that have really got up my craw. Pretentious, misrepresentative and half-truthful would be the start of my rant about these irritating ads that purport to make instant professionals out of couch potatoes.

Haven't seen the Sony ad, or maybe I have in between so much other drivel parading as 'entertainment' on the box. Will keep a closer eye on what is coughed up in the adverts.

3. Wyno

Wyno Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    That one has got me in lather too, Gary. It soes nothing to tell you that you need to have a good eye (at least one) for composition, and some talent. It also means that we will be forced to look at more and more rubbish to get to the few really good photos that these "snappers" take.
    Mike