Source for Densitometer Check Plaque

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by edbuffaloe, Dec 6, 2002.

1. edbuffaloe

edbuffaloe Member

Does anyone know where I can find a KODAK Reflection Check Plaque (CAT No. 140 5026)? I don't think they still make this product, since it is not listed on their site (or, in any case, a search didn't turn it up).

2. edbuffaloe

edbuffaloe Member

I finally found a source. B&H will special order them from Kodak. Price: $61.95. These are necessary for calibrating reflection densitometers.

3. bmac

bmac Member

God Bless B&H [​IMG]

4. John Hicks

John Hicks Member

Ed look here : http://www.stouffer.net/Productlist.htm

Stouffer makes an assortment of reflection guides, even calibrated if need be. I don't believe Stouffer sells direct but I'll bet you can get them here: http://www.pitmanphotosupply.com/
    where I used to get all sorts of production stuff including small guides from Pitman back when I was in the newspaper biz. Or probably B&H could get something.

My transmission step wedge ran away and hid so I'm shopping for a similar calibration standard too. A cheap but accurate one I hope.

5. Cem

Cem Member

Stouffer does sell direct, i bought my step wedges from them.
    I thought what Ed was talking about is something more specific, that Stouffer does not make.

6. edbuffaloe

edbuffaloe Member

The Macbeth manual specifies the Kodak check plaque, so that is what I was looking for. The Stouffer products are much cheaper, but I have no way of knowing for certain if they are the equivalent of the Kodak product. One source I contacted told me that you have to have the check plaque recommended by the manufacturer, and in some cases they are proprietary products. I suspect, in the end, they are all pretty close to the same.