Source for strap lugs for Mamiya RB/RZ and 645 cameras?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by David R Munson, Oct 17, 2007.

1. David R Munson

David R Munson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I do some product design on the side, and as part of that I am working on several camera strap designs. I shoot with a Mamiya 645 and an RZ and would really like to make some experimental straps for them, but I cannot for the life of me find any source for strap lugs for these cameras. The RB/RZ lugs are the same for all the cameras, but there are newer and older versions of the 645 lugs. Anybody know a source for any of these in quantity? For design purposes I can chop up some used straps and harvest the lugs, but that won't work for production numbers. Thanks!

2. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just checked my Optech strap to see if the lug had a name on it, but it doesn't, so I can't help, sorry.

3. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi, keh.com has them, not sure on quantity.

Jon

4. David R Munson

David R Munson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Assuming I'm looking at what you saw on the site, they're priced way too high. $12-19 for a single pair of strap lugs is too high even for just futzing around with designs.

5. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Mcmaster-carr? or maybe Smallparts.com? I've seen something similar but can't remember exactly where I saw them.