Special thanks to Anscojohn

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Tom Hicks, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Tom Hicks

Tom Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Back in Jan. John was kind enough to offer to any member a free Petri FT 35mm with a 135 f3.5 lens . I was the lucky person to receive it . I got it for my 8 year old son .

John the camera works fine and I got the lens fixed, also had a CLA done on it just because. As promised here are some pics from it . All photos taken with the 135mm lens and Kodak gold 200 . First image is digital and no that is not me in the photo.

John this was very Kind of you , I will send you something in the mail soon .

Tom Hicks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
  2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice camera, I have one thats all black. An anonymous benefactor left a kit on my front porch a couple of months ago, with a bag, camera, a 135 and 28mm lenses. I still haven't figured out who, I'd really like to thank them. My kudos to Anscojohn also. He truely is a generous, if not saintly, gentleman who is a selfless gift giver. Stand up and take a bow Anscojohn!

Rick

3. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Wow, Tom, those pictures look great. I am really pleased that an eight-year old might become an APUGer. My Dad started me off, ca. 1948, with a Donald Duck camera taking 127 film, so I was hooked pretty early. Anything we can do to pass on the thrills and skills of traditional photography to the young people is something we should all try to do, which is what saintly rainphot does as well.

4. Focus No. 9

Focus No. 9 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Did an 8yr.old take those? I really like the shop supplies and really like the bike wheel. Jeez, I'm embarrassed...but INSPIRED!
    If he loaded the film too I'm gonna fall off my chair, crawl under my desk and suck my thumb.

5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great pics, excellant camera!

Jeff

6. stevco

stevco Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This is a very kind gift both giving and reciving. Jonh must be a very generous person; this camera today might be quite cheap but as gift is really valuable. :smile:
    Have fun with the camera.

7. Tom Hicks

Tom Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I started researching Petri after we received your gift and we now have another FT , 2- FT11 , Petri Penta , Petri Flex, 2-Petri V6's one with working Meter , Lens --300mm 5.5 , 80-210, 2- 35mm 2.8, 55 1.4 , 2- 55 2.0, 55 1.8, 2 135mm 3.5. it has turned into quite a project.

Tom

8. eddie

eddie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had the pleasure of having lunch, with John, a while back... He paid, so I can vouch for his generosity. :-}
    He also shared his passion, knowledge, and enthusiasm for photography. A generous soul, indeed...

9. Tom Hicks

Tom Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    John a little more about me , I created and moderate the Macro Forum at ( www.fredmiranda.com ) 7 years now. I spend most of my time over there. but stop by here several time a day mostly reading and such. My shared web site is www.natureswildscapes.com I have three kids , 16,14,8 all who shoot film the old manual way, as well as digital. I think they enjoy the digital more but I do make them use film every chance I get. I have all the equipment for B&W darkroom stuff but have yet to get them involved in printing their own images , but soon. Again thanks for all you have done .

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  10. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Well thanks Anscojohn! Nice camera and nice shots for an 8 year old! Let's keep it up getting younger generations to love film.