Starting times for J&C 100

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by pwitkop, Sep 25, 2004.

1. pwitkop

pwitkop Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just got my order of j&c pro 100 and was wondering if anyone had worked out any times for this film in pyrocat-hd? Just looking for a starting point so I don't start out way out in left field. I'll be using 120, and processing by inversion. Even though pyrocat has become my primary developer, I also keep a bottle of DD-X around that I ussually use with FP-4 and tend to prefer it over pyrocat for low contrast scenes (it seems to produce nicer mid-tone seperation, to my eye anyway). So I was hoping someone might have tried this combination and might have some thoughts on it, or starting times to share. Thanks very much.

Peter

2. eric

eric Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  4. pwitkop

pwitkop Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did see the chart with the suggested times, but unfortunately there isn't a time for j&c 100 in pyrocat, it's a blank spot in the chart. I'll have a little while tomarrow to spend in the darkroom, so I'll see how it goes. I'll post the results I come up with. One thing I did notice this morning when I went out and shot a couple test rolls (some exposures of a gray card, and a view out my window), is that the film doesn't seem to wind very tightly on the take up spool. The test roll of fomapan 100 I shot at the same time wound tightly, not sure if this might have anything at all to do with the film or it just happened that I might not have gotten the paper onto the take-up spool well on that partucular roll.

Peter

5. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Assuming the 1:1:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD with rotary processing at 72 degrees F you might try a time of about 7 minutes for graded silver papers and 10 minutes for VC papers. This should give you that will print ok on a silver graded #2 paper or on VC paper without a filter.

For tank development add about about 15-20% to the above times.

Sandy