starting with lith process qs about paper

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Willie Jan, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Willie Jan

Willie Jan Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi,

i am currently reading through the book of rudman for lith printing and have a qs.

I have got some agfa baryta in stock and would like to know if this can be used for lith printing?
    I can not find the agfa baryta in the book so i would assume no....

I haven't got any chemical yet so any tips are welcome.

maco lith?
    fotospeed?

2. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hello There

I have done a fair amount of lith printing, Agfa paper is one I find least responsive to my chemical mixes. Others you will find have been able to make this paper work.
    My favorites in no paticular order----- Maco rf #2, Oriental #4, Sterling Lith, Ilford warmtone, Elite if you can find it is amazing. Ketona gives very warm tones and is quite interesting though I have heard through this forum that this paper has been recently changed or harder to get.

I was using Champion Nova Lith as a developer , with these papers and I know they work very well.
    good luck and have fun

3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Sinarfar

Sinarfar Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    lith paper/dev

I have had good luck with Agfa Multicontrast in FB. RC works but not with the same quality and color. I use Kodalith RT 130ml of A&B, 130ml of OB plus water to make a liter. I run it at about 95-105 degrees F. I find the Agfa much better than the Ilford papers. Good luck.

5. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    MACO Lith I've tried, but don't really like. MACO Expo RF is far better. And Fortezo Museum... Best RC paper I've found is Varycon RC, which however turns an odd shade of pink. BTW - I have used the Maco Lith testset. Good chemicals.