Static or anti-static

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by trudee, May 11, 2014.

1. trudee

trudee Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Have an old Ilford antistaticum cloth, is it safe to use this cloth to clean all the dust off my photograph? AND,I'm placing an 1/8" clear non glare acrylic over the photograph, can I use same cloth to repel dust without scratching the acrylic? Plan to spray 'Novus #1 plastic clean and shine' on acrylic before using antistaticum cloth. I'll be using gloves.

2. Xmas

Xmas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    If it is an old photo, Id scan it first and save file.

Dust can be embedded if the dust does not come of a margin or corner with a gentile wipe from clean soft duster stop.

If you have an intact neg Id reprint.

3. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes it is....they are amazing...if I say it myself.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

4. MartinP

MartinP Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just a thought about using a separate cleaning product with that anti-static cloth. If you contaminate the anti-static cloth with some liquid, or spray etc. etc, then it may need a wash and not have it's usual effects. Better to apply/remove the cleaning product with another cloth or tissue, then use the anti-static one when the acrylic is already "clean". Or perhaps that is what you meant already . . .

5. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like mine too but question - how long do the anti static properties last? The instructions say you can keep it in the bag to keep it clean but it won't prolong the anti static effects. I'm thinking they should be replaced periodically but I've no idea how often.