Status of AgfaPhoto?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by aldevo, Jun 16, 2005.

1. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I tried to phone John Auer - the USA's AgfaPhoto rep. today.

I got his voicemail and was concerned to learn that his outgoing message is now "you have reached John Auer" instead of "you have reached John Auer of AgfaPhoto". That wasn't the case a week ago.

Does anybody have an update of AgfaPhoto's status - obviously, they are in bankruptcy but are they continuing to operate?

2. aldevo

aldevo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh, one other note. A couple weeks ago AgfaPhoto USA posted this:

http://agfaphoto.com/en-US/pdf/AP_PressAnnouncement060205us.pdf

They announced that they are continuing normal operations as they are a separate business entity from AgfaPhoto.

They did not, incidentally, note whether AgfaPhoto continues production.

3. thedarkroomstudios

thedarkroomstudios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Since Agfa stopped selling direct to most dealers a couple years ago, I have been using a distributor. As of about a week ago, the distributor has indicated that there would not be any disruption of supply. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

I know the new packaging features winning photos from their contests... but you have to admit, the guys with the ugly dog ARE enough to make you switch to Ilford :wink: j/k

-Brad

4. Jim Chinn

Jim Chinn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just ordered some Agfa Fiber from B&H and they showed everything in stock.

5. tomtom

tomtom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    my distributor said the same thing but i placed a very large order just in case last week. all of it shipped except the 20x24 paper. the only problem i've been having is receiving short dated 5x7 fiber paper. all in all...
    so far so good.
    cha

6. SchwinnParamount

SchwinnParamount Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Interesting that Agfaphoto USA has attributed its revenue growth to the 'successfull conversion from analog to digital products' Are they going to be the next to dump the analog items from their product catalog?

7. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The last I heard (a week or two ago) was that AgfaPhoto had obtained funding to continue production for, IIRC, another three months. Thus, there should be no immediate disruption in supply. I didn't save a reference URL, though.