Storage of 120 Sized Transparencies (chromes to some)

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by gr82bart, Jul 21, 2003.

1. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure where to post this question, so I picked here - most threads and readers.

Anyway, how do people store their uncut 120/220 roll transparencies? Do you just roll them up and store them in a shoebox? Or do people have elaborate hanging mounts and the like? Are there 'special' storage devices out there for these rolls? Do they have to be in a dark cool place?

What about indexing and filing. What methods do people use to file them, index them and retrieve them?

Right now, I keep them loosely rolled up in their sleeves in a cardboard box. I use a Post-It stick on plastic tab (various colours) to write my ID markings for indexing and quick retrieval - well medium quick retrieval.

Art.

2. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I usually keep them in their sleeves and rolled up in the hard cardboard cylinders with the caps. Although those cylinders take a little too much space as your rolls build up, and so I've had to cut them every 3rd slide and put them in 8x10 sleves that fit in 3 ring binders.

3. Les McLean

Les McLean Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I store them in archival negative sleeves and make a note of the date, location etc on the sleeve with a black marker pen. The sleeve is kept in a negative storage folder which is also marked with dates etc. I also store my black and white negatives in the same way and can usually find whatever I'm looking for quite quickly.

4. Nige

Nige Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    the few that I do get put in with the B&W negs... I haven't received too many complaints, except from the roll of APX-25 sitting next to the Provia.. they don't like each other one bit :smile:

5. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the feedback so far. I realised I should have put this questtion in the Colour Film thread. Oh well, maybe one of the moderators will move it for me.

Art.