Storing Fuji Instax Wide Pictures

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by Ektagraphic, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Guys-

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with a creative solution for the storage of Instax Wide format pictures. I was thinking of potentially seeing if any sort of index card boxes/files/albums would work but I think that the picture is just slightly too big on one side.

Best,

Pat

2. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Pat,

I just store them in a box from B&W papers 18x24cm 100 pcs.
    But there are some photo albums with a thin adhesive plastic foil, you can put different picture sizes on a page and this foil that goes over whole page is holding them tight. Maybe that will work?

regards,

3. alex gard

alex gard Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Maybe you could find something like this but a little bigger, or get some insert sleeves and cut them and make one that fits 210 pics. my girlfriend has one of these little credit card flipper things that fit her instax mini pictures perfectly except it holds like 20 pictures [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. alex gard

alex gard Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the great suggestions! I have seen the album and those are quite nice, but I am think that I am looking to go more of the box route to save space. It would be nice to pick up one of those albums too. I could put my better shots in there

6. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    there are so-called "flip" albums for 9x13 size photos quite cheap. the instax wide just fit into the sleeves. as they are thicker than ordinary photos, just use one side. this is the cheapest and most handy solution I found.

7. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hey pat

would a "press book" work for you ?
    i pratt makes them and they are sold
    at pearl paint ( central square ) ..
    http://www.prat-usa.com/press-books.html

they ( pearl paint ) might have other less expensive solutions that are the same or similar ..

or maybe paper source in porter square . if you like more of a image tipped in
    a scrap book kind of look :smile:

good luck!
    john

8. Joe VanCleave

Joe VanCleave Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I store mine in 4x5 Printfile storage sleeves in 3-ring binders.

I find an interesting way to display them is to use an empty Instax Wide plastic cartridge, feed the print back into the cartridge through the plastic output flap on the botton, front side facing outwards, and hang the little plastic frame on the wall via a small brad or nail. They will also stand up by themselves on a shelf.

~Joe

9. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Did you try The Impossible Project? I got some black boxes that are sized to hold standard Polaroids but I don't know offhand how that compares to Instax wide. Sometimes they have specials or items reduced in price.

On a temporary basis I keep them in the box the film came in.

10. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think this is the best idea so far - I think I will also go for this :smile: