Student looking for 12x20 film

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Brett_Jurgens, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Brett_Jurgens

Brett_Jurgens Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello.

I am a college student who recently purchased a Korona 12x20 camera from a camera collector/friend. I am fairly new to the format having only shot with this camera a few times. I am slightly dismayed at the availability of film for this format. Does anyone have any film buried in their freezer that they are willing to sell?

I have been reading all the threads regarding 12x20 on this site and am super excited to shoot with the camera. I am hoping to be able to photograph some with it before winter truly hits so that I can work out the darkroom kinks this winter.

Thank you so very much.

Brett

2. M.A.Longmore

M.A.Longmore Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Home Brett !

Thanks For Joining Us.

Ron

3. Rick Olson

Rick Olson Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  4. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    If you don't want to wait, find some 16x20 photo paper and have some fun with it! I did this recently with 7x17.

5. andrew plume

andrew plume Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Brett

Congratulations on jumping at this format, takes a little nerve - to me, there's the plain 'commercial reason' why there is so little film choice - the small number of shooters - hope you have some decent film holders as they're pretty expensive for this format

best of luck with your new project

andrew

6. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    First of all, congrats on getting the camera, and for deciding to actually use it.

Next, I have an unopened box of Efke 25 12x20 (25 sheets) that I got for my pinhole camera, but do not see myself using any time soon, as I prefer to use this weird old Ilford roll paper in the camera now. The Efke film is expired by a few years, but has always been kept in a 40 - 50 F fridge. The box has some water damage from a condensation drip, but nothing serious that would affect the film, as it is not deep damage, and the film is wrapped in plastic. PM me if you are interested. I am in L.A., CA. A box sells at Freestyle for $188 new. Make an offer.

7. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have one box of fresh 12x20 Ilford HP5+ for sale at my store.

The cost is $364 plus the shipping.

-Rob from www.bigcameraworkshops.com

8. scootermm

scootermm Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Brett, I have an old (70s era) box of 12x20 TriX film, 30 sheets or so, that I'd be more than willing to sell to let you get a feel for shooting the camera. The film works well when shot at an EI of 100 or 50 and developed it some 1:4 xtol for about 6-8mins. It'll have some noticeable (and very even) base fog, but nothing that can't be printed through. I've done platinum/palladium prints from it easily.
    This is an image shot with some of the film:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=46124&catid=member&imageuser=2057
    PM or email me at me@matthewmagruder.com