Studio camera

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by dances_w_clouds, Jul 6, 2014.

1. dances_w_clouds

dances_w_clouds Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Dr Croubie

Dr Croubie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think that deserves a two-syllable Day'um, as in "Day'um that's a huge camera".
    Too bad there's no darkslidey kind of arrangement to be able to wheel it around loaded and use it in the light. 1:1 portraits on 16x20 would look great.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is a process camera. It is a little strange to see one on wheels, but otherwise they were very common. Any print shop that produced work with an offset press might have one.

In my youth, when I was shooting 35mm film, it was fun using the process camera in my high school's print shop.

4. tdjenkins

tdjenkins Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes, it's a process camera. In my experience the back of the camera was normally built into the wall of the darkroom. I'm a printer, and haven't seen one in many years. I once had a smaller vertical one (like an enlarger) that I tried unsuccessfully to sell, then give away, about 15-18 years ago. I finally just put it in the alley behind my shop - it was still there when I moved about five years later, although someone had taken the lens.