This weekend I succeeded in making an oil pigment print, following Ernie Theisen's instructions at http://alt-photo.com/alt-photo/bromoil/ART...ints%20ern.html (A Method for Making Oil Pigment Prints). I had previously tried making bromoil prints, with very limited success. Despite making a test strip at 1X, 2X, and 3X normal exposures, and choosing the best one, I could not get any depth of black in the final print. But with the pigment process, wherein one does not bleach a print, but makes a matrix by coating fixed-out photographic paper with dichromate and exposing through a negative, it was relatively easy. Oil pigment printing requires a large negative, whereas one of the benefits of the bromoil process is that you can use an enlarger to make the print from which you obtain the matrix. I made my first oil pigment print from an original 8x10 negative, and it appears that a normal contrast negative (suitable for silver printing) works just fine. I'm anxious to test some of my enlarged negatives made for salt and VDB (though I fear they will be too contrasty). One thing I noticed is that my inks had hardened considerably since I last tried bromoil, which made it easy to get the right consistency. Perhaps they will work better for bromoil now.