Suggestions for Gaoersi 4x5 Wide Lens

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by rmann, Oct 21, 2006.

1. rmann

rmann Subscriber

Mar 14, 2004
    New York
    4x5 Format
    If you were to put one wide angle lens on a Gaoersi 4x5 camera - which one would you suggest?

I am thinking about a wide angle between 75mm to 105mm - light weight and small filter size, but also enough coverage to take advantage of the lens shift built into the camera. Lens speed would not be too important as I will be using a tripod most of the time.
  2. Bromo33333

Bromo33333 Subscriber

Aug 10, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Multi Format
    I would get a nice wide angle that would allow for zone focussing (i.e 75mm). I would get as fast as you can readily obtain so you can hand shoot it if you wanted to - you never know how you would do it. :tongue:

Also, if you plan on using a tripod most of the time, why not get a standard LF camera? Seems to me these are a new class of "Point and Shoot" LF camera? :confused:

Also, from the review in that free mag - it seemed to me to have some serious build quality issues? Are you considering others as well that may be easier to get fixed? just curious.

If you get one - let us know how it works!! :smile: