sunpak 622 super pro, flash duration

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stet, Dec 23, 2005.

1. stet

stet Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Does anyone happen to know or know where I can find the different flash durations for the Sunpak 622 Super Pro? The manual says something simple like "on manual, 1/400 to 18000th sec., depending."

I'm not getting any help from Tocad on this, by phone or email, which is really frustrating.

2. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Since the duration is variable it's kinda hard to say exactly. You might try doing a chart of power setting against duration setting the 1/400 at the full power and the 180000th sec against the minimum setting (128th power I think) and extrapolate the points in between. This would be assuming the duration change is a straight line function, which I'm fairly sure it is.

3. stet

stet Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    yeah, that's what I've been guesstimating. For what I'm doing I need 1/1000 or faster, so I've haven't shot at full or half-power, sort of figuring half-power would be ~1/800.

I gleaned from reading/specs elsewhere that you could generally presume to double the speed for the first few steps down from full, but that it doesn't progress that way throughout. But I guess it doesn't matter, really, except that I was curious to know and frustrated that the info isn't online, or forthcoming from Tocad when asked. Thanks, though.