Super Graphic/Busch Pressman

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by FM2N, May 13, 2009.

1. FM2N

FM2N Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Help I cannot decide between the 2. They are both in great shape. The Busch comes with a working lens and 2 lens boards. The Super graphic comes as is with no lens or lens boards. Both are in the $200 range.
    They are both very good cameras but does one beat out the other?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it was my choice I'd go for the Super Graphic, it was Graflex's answer to the competition by European manufacturers like MPP & Linhof who were making cameras with all the features missing on Crown (& Speed) Graphics.

The Busch Pressman is roughly halfway between the Crown & the Super Graphic, depending on which model. I have aPressman & 3 Speed/Crown Graphics, if I saw a Super Graphic at that sort of price I'd buy it instantly

Ian

3. JRJacobs

JRJacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Super Graphic, no question. It has full front movements, rotating graflok back - that should be enough alone to convince you over the Pressman, which has limited front movements and only a spring back. The Super Graphic is made of aluminum and is smaller and ligher as well - it makes a very nice field camera - similar to the Toyo field cameras in function, but also has the nice rangefinder focusing lacking in the Toyos. If you can get a working one for around $200 it is a steal.