Superior Archival Materials?

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Michael Kadillak, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Michael Kadillak

Michael Kadillak Member

I tried to contact Superior Archival Materials for mat board and custom over mats and they are shut down due to a family health crisis. For how long, I do not know. While I hope and pray that everything turns out for the better, who do others use for custom mat cutting that does a great job at a reasonable price?

Thanks

2. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I either cut it myself or I take the mat to Hobby Lobby. 4 ply and under will be cut by machine...8 ply is done by hand. I think its about one or two bucks per opening.

3. User Removed

User Removed Guest

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    It would probably save you alot of time and money to buy a mat cutter and cut them yourself. You can get a good quality Logan mat cutter for about 100 bucks.

If your dead set on having your mats cut for you, Light Impressions offers pre-cut and custom cut mats for a decent price.

However, learning to cut mats properly is a skill that all working fine art photographers must learn, so I suggest buying a mat cutter over the later.

Kind regards,

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

4. Shinnya

Shinnya Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did talk to Allen. He said he will try to meet me whenever he has time. I may be able to talk to him if you need something specific. I happen to live in Philadelphia.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

5. Michael Kadillak

Michael Kadillak Member

Thanks Tsuyoshi.

I simply want to patronize a company (custom over mats and mat) that up to this point has an excellent reputation for quality work and reasonable prices.

Cheers!